So you want to start a blog, but you are afraid you do not have the time to devote to it? If you want to have your own space on the internet and have the opportunity to show your inner self to the world, blogging may be the answer. Consider these five tips to making your blog as time-efficient as it is exciting.
1. First, you may want to consider setting up a community blog. A community blog is one that is run by many people who are like-minded, instead of simply by one individual. This helps to eliminate the need for constant posting by one person. With several people comprising a team of bloggers, each person can post a couple of times a week and result in a blog that is relatively active.
2. If you do not want to create a blog with a community of bloggers working together, you can also choose to hire a team of bloggers. This is similar to the way newspapers use contributing authors for articles. In fact, many successful blogs are successful because they do just that. This helps to insure active posting and timely posting, thus making your blog more appealing to visitors. This also helps to increase your audience because each blogger will bring with it his or her own group of influence. Like this idea but not sure about the expense? You can offset the cost by allowing the display of AdSense advertisements. This can, in fact, even turn out to be a profit-making venture as well.
3. Next, you can recycle content to save time. Search for relevant articles on your topic(s) and break them down into segments appropriate for a blog. You can also use partial interviews and other things. Consider selecting a longer piece and breaking it down into smaller blogs that could last a week. You can set this up and post parts daily as a series.
4. Another way to save time is to use audio in your blog. Some people simply find it easier to speak into a microphone than to write something. It is perfectly acceptable to mix things up and use a variety of both in your blog. Use an MP3 recorder or phone to record your blogs. This is convenient for those who stay on the go or those who are held up in traffic or an unexpected meeting. You can record thoughts as soon as they come to you instead of having to wait and try to remember it all later.
5. Finally, you can automate your blog. Many blog programs allow you to create blogs ahead of time to be published at a future date and time. So, if you have some free time, you can create blogs for the rest of your week. Automate them to post each day, and your blog remains updated with no extra work on your part. This can be a huge time saver if you do not have to sit at the computer to type every single day. There are days when we do not have enough time or space to say everything we want to say. There are other days when we would prefer not to talk at all. Instead of having several entries on one day and then nothing for the next two or three days, you can write it all at once and have it post each day.